Ad makes me want to "spruce up [my] Aphrodite" ~ The Busted Lollipop

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ad makes me want to "spruce up [my] Aphrodite"

A British ad urging women to "mow the law" (think *very* personal grooming put to an upbeat song and dance) is supposedly causing a stir in the States. I'm not sure if it's the super-tame U.S. version that's causing a stir, or if the peppy and much more pointed UK version got an airing that was too hot for American screens. I live in the UK and never saw either ad before they caught the attention of The Daily Beast.

The UK ad sure is effective; it not only made me laugh, it also made me want to do a little trimming with a Quattro razor, even though I've got plenty of disposables in ladylike pink already. Unfortunately I don't have the skill to do any heart-shaped "topiary" like the lass in the ad.

Here's the tepid U.S. version. Check out the infinitely more fun (and more naughty) UK version below:


share this: facebook

No comments: