Harlan Ellison frightens me, but I love it ~ The Busted Lollipop

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Harlan Ellison frightens me, but I love it

Here's the thing: I've been waiting for the documentary about writer Harlan Ellison, Dreams with Sharp Teeth, to come to DVD for forever, "forever" measuring the time from when I first heard about this maybe a year ago until now. It's been a heavy load, but I'm bearing it well. I have to admit I haven't read much of his work. Um, maybe none, but I did see the original Star Trek episode "City on the Edge of Forever," which won awards but which he denounced because they changed his script. Anyway, based on clips I've seen online, the man is a magnificent lunatic with huge dangling balls of steel.

Here's the trailer for Dreams with Sharp Teeth.

Here's an utterly awesome clip from the film where Ellison complains about people wanting him to work for free, then threatens to burn down studio offices for not sending him a Babylon 5 DVD. Brilliant stuff.


share this: facebook

No comments: