Russell Brand wouldn't suck as "Arthur" ~ The Busted Lollipop

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Russell Brand wouldn't suck as "Arthur"

Comedian Russell Brand might remake "Arthur". This could potentially be quite awesome, and I'm not big on remakes. That was a great movie when I watched it as a kid, but after I viewed it a few years ago and noticed how badly the scenes were shot and spliced together ... well, let's just say it begs for a do-over. (Though it would be hard to top the brilliant Dudley Moore; it's not his fault the look of the film has suffered over the years).

But I insist they keep a couple of lines intact (presented here courtesy of IMDB):

Arthur: Do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to take a bath.
Hobson: I'll alert the media.
Arthur: Do you want to run my bath for me?
Hobson: It's what I live for.
[Arthur exits]
Hobson: Perhaps you would like me to wash your dick for you... you little s***.

Also, this is a must:

Arthur: He's taking the knife out of the cheese!
Linda: Oh, my God!
Arthur: Do you think he wants some cheese?
Linda: No, I think we're gonna die!

Also, I'd just like to suggest they maintain Liza Minnelli as the love interest. Sure, she's 62 now, but that's part of what would give the movie a little zing, while at the same time offering a nice callback to the original. My husband slightly disagrees. His exact words were: "You're sick. Sooo sick. Liza Minnelli is a true case of going from incredibly smoking hot to uggggghhhhhh." But he can't get past that she no longer looks as she did in "Cabaret." You've gotta deal with the real, darlin', and every movie needs a hook. So I envision the movie as a mix of the alcoholic millionaire playboy that was Arthur and the storyline from Harold and Maude. Now *that's* what I call a remake!


share this: facebook

No comments: