Dating deal breakers gone wild ~ The Busted Lollipop

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dating deal breakers gone wild

There's a funny video on Yahoo Shine about dating deal breakers, meaning what would cause you to just walk out on a date. The viewer comments below it are pretty good, too; check it out here.

Having finally found my Prince, I don't have to deal with the often less-than-delightful world of dating anymore. When I was a hot-mama on the dating scene, though, I don't think I ever walked out on a date -- but I should have a few times. Here are some of my dating deal breakers:

-Don't flirt with, or kiss, another woman in front of me and tell me it was kind of a dare. I'm outta there! (Or I should've been).

-Don't stay on your cell phone half the night talking to friends trying to determine what you'll do later that night if you don't get lucky (big hint: this behavior ensures you *won't* be getting any sweet lovin'!).

-Don't let the entire date consist of riding around in your car for hours, stopping only to buy a can of soda -- one can -- for us to share. And if you do, at least get the kind of soda I like! (OK, this one happened when I was in high school, but even then it was unacceptable, especially since the guy was a bit older and not a high-school kid himself).

-Open doors, pick up the check without flinching or making sure I see exactly how much it cost (I don't care if it was $10 or $100, accept my sincere thanks for the meal without acting like I might "owe you something" and should know exactly how much I owe you for), and just generally be a gentleman.

-Don't show up on my doorstep two hours after you stood me up, drunk, yelling my name and begging to be let in. Deal breaker, baby!

-Don't bring a couple of female "friends" along for the evening. I'm not looking to be part of your harem.

-Don't order yourself another drink as I arrive, but tell the bartender I won't be having anything as we're about to head out. Rude, cheap, and stupid (given that I don't drink much and I'm most likely to ask for tap water or a Diet Coke).

-Don't tell me about the horrible break up with your ex-wife, then shudder when I tell you about something I like because you recall that your ex liked that, too. If you've got the kind of baggage that you get relationship flashbacks, slowly step away from your date and into a therapist's office.

Can anyone top those?


share this: facebook

No comments: