Alanis rocks that junk inside that trunk ~ The Busted Lollipop

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Alanis rocks that junk inside that trunk

Ok, this is a bit of an oldie, but still a goody. Alanis Morissette lent her special treatment - and sense of humor - to "My Humps" by Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas (made last year I think). I love Alanis so much, if for no other reason than singing the angry-chick anthem "You Oughta Know" at karaoke nights has brought me so much pleasure over the years.

That deep, intense treatment given to "My Humps" - lyrics that were never meant to be listened to all that closely - is hilarious. And for a second here and there, she even makes the song seem like it has hidden depths. Granted, those depths are hidden deep beneath lines like "What you gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk." But it seems like an introspection-inspiring, probing question the way Alanis sings it.

Girl has talent AND a sense of humor. Gotta love that. Go on, Alanis, you had me at "my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps." Check out the video below.


share this: facebook

No comments: