Stuff White People Like ~ The Busted Lollipop

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stuff White People Like

I just heard about the Web site called Stuff White People Like. It's pretty funny and slightly edgy (are we supposed to make fun of race, even if targets middle-class white posers? Ooh, naughty naughty). It has even spawned a best-selling book of the same title. I must say, though, on the post about hummus, that I not only like humus but I've seen non-white friends eat it, too. But then again, I was the one who ordered the hummus appetizer. Were they just being polite? Am I the only one who truly enjoyed the toasted pita and the tangy chickpea concoction? Or maybe, just maybe, I should not worry about it and simply enjoy the site - and my hummus - and leave it at that. Sounds like a plan.

Just for funsies, here's a taste (haha) of what the site says about hummus:

All white people like hummus. In fact, if you find a white person who does not like hummus then they probably just haven’t tasted it or they are the wrong kind of white person. In either case, they are probably not someone that you want to know.

Putting out a plate of hummus and pita makes white people very comfortable. It reminds them of home since at any given time a white person has hummus in their fridge. Even the most barren white refrigerator will have a package of the stuff next to an empty Brita filter.


share this: facebook

No comments: